Tuesday, February 16, 2021

It's awfully quiet without Penny...

 Penny had her operation today and is spending the night at the vet's. She has to get some type of laser treatment to her incision in the morning, and then we'll pick her up at 11:30. It has been so dull and quiet here today...we have really missed her and all her frustrating antics!

The quilts today were a happy lot. The customer always makes fun and brightly colored quilts, and I really like them. The Tweety bird quilt is a gift for a woman who has had the fabric for a long time and didn't have anyone to make a quilt with it. My lovely customer made the quilt for her and is giving it to her for being a great caregiver to her father.

The first quilt is this jazzy number for the quilt maker's niece.

Keeping with the theme, I used the panto: Musical Notes

The Tula Pink backing fabric is scrumptious!!



Her second offering is this delectable Aussie mountain quilt.

The panto (African Samba) compliments the Aboriginal fabric patterns.

This backing is scrumdiddelicious!



Tweety is now a quilt! So thoughtful and generous for the customer to thank the caregiver for taking such good care of her father.

Panto: Popcorn. It is a frisky, cute design for this quilt.

I think it looks like little curly clouds.

The first two tee shirt quilts went home. The customer's wife came to get them as he is in Africa (yes, the continent!) building an embassy in Niger. She is here overseeing the building of their retirement home. She picked out the shirts for her husband's quilt, and said I should stop at seven because she wants to discuss who the quilts are for with her husband. He is gung ho to give everyone a quilt, but she is minding the purse strings and has a different idea. I'm glad I don't have to witness that conversation!


These  are the shirts she chose for her husband's quilt. I have them sewn already and two borders on. You'll see the finished quilt tomorrow, hopefully.

Now, I think I will enjoy a dish of ice cream without the little brown nose and eyes peeking over the bowl's edge...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.