Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Moving along toward the goal

 Time is moving along apace and we are getting closer to lift off to Texas. I have been working to finish all the quilts here, as well as get more kits made for the time I'm there. Mr Wazoo has been doing all the Spring yard work; spreading mulch, planting shrubs and cleaning out the flower beds. Penny supervises.

The front garden is starting to show some color. The bright green creeping Jenny is my favorite ground cover.

Dogwood buds are starting to peek out, and I think they will be blooming soon.

The dwarf Poppies have been brightening up the space for a couple of weeks now.


We planted my chicken with a new succulent to greet the customers.

Meanwhile, in the studio it is Halloween

I started quilting this and had to quit for the night, but it is finished and gone home now. The panto is Along came a spider in variegated black thread. 

The quilting shows well on the pieced backing. Spooky!!

After Halloween comes Christmas, and I loaded up a pretty Christmas sampler before quitting for the night. On the Gammill, I am slogging through the quilting on the green and magenta pineapple quilt. Each block has 16 magenta logs, and each log gets two leaves. The centers get four leaves. There are 80 blocks, so it's taking a while to quilt them all.



It was Christmas at 6:00!

It's big and bold and taking a long time to quilt.

The next day, I finished the Christmas quilt and moved on to a patriotic table runner. Fourth of July?!

Penny decided to ham it up for the camera when I was taking a picture of the quilt. Silly girl!

The construction of this quilt is perfect. Every block is lovely, some having fussy cut bits highlighting the fabric patterns. So pretty!

Panto: Twinkling Snowflakes

The swirling snow looks nice on the white on white backing.

Here is the table runner by the same customer. It may be small, but it is dramatic.

Panto: Simply stars

White back.

I worked all day yesterday on a huge medallion quilt, finishing the quilting at 6:10. No photos yet, but there will be some today. I made another kit for the trip...but I may succumb to my desire to make something and piece it before we go. Sometimes I have to give in and sew for fun. After a lot of quilting and quilt repairing, I need a bit of the freedom sewing for myself affords me. It makes me happy!

I am at least two thirds done with the magenta bits, then I'll start on the lime quilting. A few more days should do it.


Penny amuses herself by playing with her bed. I don't know why she does this, but it sure is funny!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.