Sunday, March 21, 2021

Lovely day...for quilting!

 After the rainy, blustery week, we finally had a beautiful, sunny day. Mr Wazoo rejoiced and was glad in it. He spent the day digging and planting, but had to quit when he slipped I'm the mud and fell, twisting his knee. It took him a while to get cleaned up and comfortable, but he was much better by suppertime. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

Cleaned up and almost good as new.He is truly a hard core gardener!

In the studio, Penny and I had a fetch game before getting down to business and quilting some customer projects. I started with the third of the quilts from the same customer. She made the two chicken quilts you saw yesterday. The third one is totally different! A beautiful appliqué quilt from subdued and elegant fabrics.

This is really nice.

Well, another name of a pattern slips my pea sized mind. I got this and the one on the first chicken quilt at the same time, and have only used them once, so remembering the weird names is challenging. I will write them down and get them in a post later.



The backing is the same as the sashing fabric.

That reminds me, I said I would show you my quilt along with my customer's quilt. Here they are, 10 years apart, but still exciting. I love the colors!

My quilt from 2010



My customer's quilt from 2021! You can find the pattern in Sandy Bonsib's book, Sweet Treats.

The next quilt is an Easter quilt that will make more sense after the yo-yos are sewn back on. She took them off so I could do the quilting. The eyes and wool on the lamb in the upper right corner will be really cute in the end. I think the colors are sweet and very Spring-like.

A nice Easter quilt for her wall.

Panto: Frolic

The backing has a centered panel of Easter lilies.

Next was a table runner . It may seem like deja-vu, because I did the matching quilt a couple of weeks ago. The quilter had some blocks left over and her daughter wanted a table runner from them.

Panto: Woven Wins

She used the trimmings from the ombre backing for this back!

More table runner updates. When I called to tell the customer her two runners from her embroidered bedspread were done, she said she wanted them totally finished. Back to the cutting table to make some binding. They are the same, so I will show just one. All done!

My next (and last) custom quilt is this striking pineapple king sized quilt. It may ring a bell because of the fabric combination used...it is by the same quilter as the quilt shown above. 

I have finished the stabilizing stitching in the ditch and am ready to start the quilting.


On Millie is this Halloween quilt made by the same customer as the Easter quilt. 
I'm doing a spider and web pattern that is looking cool so far. Each row takes a long time to stitch, but is spooky and creepily wonderful;!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.