Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Not much to show for a long day of quilting

 I follow some wonderful quilters 'blogs and I am so jealous of all the sewing they get done! Going to Texas next month will have one perk...I can sew!! I'm working my way through the quilts here and getting more excited about the kits I'm making for the trip. With some of my new fabrics in the mix, the quilts should be pretty!

Meanwhile, I finished the tee shirt quilt and a couple of identical table runners.

The tee shirts are a collection of the maker's son, who is an Alabama fan.

My go to panto for tee shirt quilts: Rounded Squares

Cool purple backing

The customer started hand embroidering a bedspread many years ago and just found the project in a box. She had no desire to keep going with the hand work, so wanted the rows cut down to 80 inches and made into quilted table runners. I soaked them in Dawn dishwashing liquid and some liquid Oxyclean for two days to remove the blue dots from the manufacturer to delineate quilting lines.

After hanging to dry, I starched and ironed them for quilting. I used my rounded squares pattern because she said her two daughters like really modern stuff. No swirls or leaves...just a very simple geometric pattern.

I chose this neutral batik for the backing.

I worked on there purple parts of the custom quilt, and I finished the center part. I have to do the same patterns in the green, then  I take on the checkered border.


I'm using King Tut variegated thread for the quilting.


I rolled the quilt back to the top to start the green quilting.

I have almost finished the cutting of another kit for Texas! 
How do you like the bottle cozy I got at the fabric shop?

This will be a blue and white quilt I found in a magazine. 
I hope it turns out pretty.

Half a row to go and 6:00. I left the machine right where you see it because the pattern is dense and I would have been there another ten minutes. I'll do it first thing, then move on to today's projects.

The applique quilt is going upstairs for there hand sewing. It will take two or three nights to do.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.