Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Yo-yo weather and another finish!

Rain...sun...cold...warm...What the heck is going on with the weather?! We have had everything but snow in a week's time. I'm ready for Spring, but I guess she's not ready for us!

It seemed like the right thing to do to just stay in the studio and quilt. So, that's what I did. I snuck my quilt in between two customer quilts so I could get it ready for binding. I am really happy with it, and am still amazed that one jelly roll made a twin sized quilt.

I like the colors, the pattern and the quilting! It's a winner.

Panto: Flower Power, one of my favorites.

I had to piece the backing, but it looks fine.

I finished the pinwheel quilt, and like how it turned out. It is an eye popper, for sure.
The colors are much brighter than how they appear here. Maybe it is my fluorescent lighting that changes them. The blue small inner border really pops against the orange.

It is a big quilt, I'd say a long queen.

I knew any floral panto would get lost in the busy fabrics, so I went for texture with the quilting. 
Panto: Fork in the road in orange thread

The backing is this wild feather pattern. 

The next customer had two quilts, both bed size. I started with the Irish chain.

The use of different background fabrics makes the quilt more interesting.

Panto: Beauty, in off white thread

The quilting looks nice on the tone on tone backing.

The second quilt is this log cabin in the streak of lightning setting.

Panto: Climbing Ivy. I liked how it 'climbed' up the blocks. I used a light brown thread.

As you can see, I had to add to the too small backing. I just happened to have the same fabric as one of the ones in the quilt blocks, so I used that to increase the back's size to an appropriate length.

A few days ago I got out a little quilt I started but never finished. I don't know what my plan was, but it failed. I took it apart, cut it up some more, added bright strips to increase the size and added horizontal borders and a pickle strip (it just needed some pickles!) to make it longer. It was a wonky top, but quilted up okay and is ready for binding and donating to a kid in need. The perfect end to my day!

Bizarre, but colorful.

Panto: Modern Twist in lime green thread

I used up two Peanuts fabrics for the backing and had enough for the binding, too!

Well, that's it. I wonder what the weather will bring tomorrow. Locusts? Frogs? We'll see.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.