Saturday, April 3, 2021

Almost done!

 I have a couple of quilts to do, and then I will only have the ones that require sewing and fixing before I can quilt them. I'm making progress. I quilted the day away on Thursday, finishing both customer quilts and my own.

This quilt is one of a series by the customer, all very similar, but quilted differently. 
I think they are for family members.

I chose a panto that echoed the leaves and vines in the fabrics, and quilted it with light gold thread.

The muslin backing shows the quilting well.

The next quilt was a flannel project, but I had one row to go at 6:00!

I stitched the label and binding down on my recent quilt, and retired it to the shelf until I have someone to gift it to.

Friday was a good day, sunny and cool outside and comfortably warm in the studio. People came and picked up quilts, and I have caught up with the batch in the line. The flannel quilt is finished and went home immediately. Hot off the press, you could say.

This quilt is beautiful! I have the pattern, but have yet to make mine.

The customer requested Splat for the panto, but it is hard to see. Also, the dusty plum color thread was sucked down into the nap of the flannel and was nearly invisible.

The quilting shows on the flannel back, but the thread still disappeared.

The next quilt is a king size one, and I have a few more rows to do to finish it. The quilting pattern takes 25 minutes per row, so it is slow going. 
I also worked on preparing this strawberry quilt for repair, stabilizing the strawberries I had removed and getting them back in position for the hand embroidery. I may be mailing this one to Texas to work on there.

My customer's daughter has had this quilt since she was a little girl. The strawberries are falling off and some were frayed badly at the edges.

I removed the worst ones and applied lightweight stabilizer. I trimmed the edges very close to the original size and pinned them back in place for the hand sewing. The rest of the repair is slow and relaxing hand embroidery.

This cheerful quilt will be finished today.

I hope to get the last two customer quilts ready for quilting, and then I should be able to finish them next week. Mr Wazoo is bugging me to get the taxes done before we leave, so I had better get the nose to the grindstone with that project. I hate doing them, but Turbo-Tax makes it tolerable. 
Tomorrow is Easter, but I will be working. I'm determined to get the quilts done and have a few days to organize and stage whatever we are taking on the trip.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.