Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Everything is finished!

I am finished with everything I set out to do!!  All three tee shirt quilts have been bound and finished, and  I quilted the two baby quilts, and made and applied binding on  the last of the repair quilts. It was given a wash, and looks great.

Today, I will be tidying up the studio, and working on taxes. I have to get the taxes done!

Take a look at what happiness looks like.

The first baby quilt is made with the pattern I also used for my scrappy quilt!
It is a fun thing to sew, and looks terrific.

Panto: Funky fans

The backing is a coordinating print in flannel.

The collection is so whimsical. I love the monkeys and cows!

The second quilt is made from the same fabrics, but see how different it appears when the dark alligator fabric is the focus.

Here are the little alligators swimming on a black field.
Panto: Jetty

My favorite is still the loving monkeys...

This one has white background flannel on the back.

I finished the last repair, replacing 13 diamonds and mending eight open seams. 
I made wider binding for this quilt, too, because that is what was there originally.

Here is a closer look at the wide binding.

I sewed it like a reverse facing, turning it to the front at the seam line.
Here is what it looks like from the back.

The last tee shirt quilt is finished!

The members of the customer's running club are sure getting swell gifts from him!
I made eight of these. 

This one has the hash tag backing and binding.

The repair quilt is now washed and ready to go home. 
I have done five repairs for this customer!
I wish I had some family quilts, but there were no quilters in my family.
I have remedied that by quilting like a woman possessed and will leave quite a legacy for the next generations. I will be long gone, but my quilts will live on.

Now...taxes. Yuk!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.