Monday, May 3, 2021

Another sewing day

 No appointments for Dad today, so I was free to go sewing at Nancy's. It took until almost 10 AM to get out the door though. Walk the dog, tidy up before the bug man came, do a load of wash, and get out the fish for dinner. Mr Wazoo was out the door ASAP, ready to do some yard work. He is in his element.

I finished sewing the quilt from yesterday, and got a good start on cutting out the one I will work on next. Nancy made her baby quilt for her niece, and before we knew it, it was 4 PM and time to go start on supper. Penny is getting to be a pro riding the golf cart to and from Nancy's. Beats walking in the heat!

Here is Nancy's baby quilt. She was so excited to sew it together using Eleanor Burns' Swiss cheese method. 

Smiles for a job well done!

Here is my finished quilt from the book Happy Hour. There are so many cool, but easy quilts in the book...I think I'll be making another one soon. And I'm sure Penny will photobomb that one, too.

 
The fat quarter bundle I used was small animal prints. Llamas, bears, owls, foxes and birds.

Aren't they cute!?

Taking Penny out at night is a challenge. There are small beetles everywhere. Really. They're everywhere!! Penny thinks she needs to catch them, or at least get a good close up sniff. Between butterflies in the daytime, and beetles at night, it is a wonder she ever gets her business done.
She is all worn out from her bug follies and ready for bed. So am I! Dad has an early appointment tomorrow morning. Sewing will have to wait.

Zzzzzzzzzzz...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.