Saturday, May 1, 2021

Big storms and quilting fun

Wow! Last night we had a thunder-boomer deluxe! Penny perked up when the thunder was close, but didn't cry or tremble like Molly used to. Then the sky opened and it poured torrents of rain. The yards and plants here got some much needed watering, and everything looks fresher today. Right now, at 3:30 in the afternoon, it is only 76 degrees! Sweater weather for the folks here. ha ha

I spent a few hours at Nancy's finishing the sewing on the BQ2 koi quilt. I did a good amount of un-sewing, but it came out fine in the end.

                                                   

Of course, Penny had to be in the shot. What a ham...

 

Here you may be able to see the fish fabric better.

Nancy finished the first of two lap quilts.

I made her show us her smile.

I made another 2-3-2-6 to show Nancy how I sew it together using Eleanor Burns' swiss cheese method.

Aren't the dogs cute?!

Mr Wazoo finished the design wall, and we immediately made good use of it.

Dad and Nancy went this morning and voted in a special election here. It has been a quiet day with stuffed peppers on the menu for tonight. I wish it would stay mild like this, but weatherman says 86 tomorrow and 97 on Monday. I may have to test the waters at the pool...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.