Friday, April 30, 2021

Busy days...less sewing

 I managed to sew the blocks together on the quilt I was making, but I didn't like the border fabric I brought, so I raided my sister's stash. I found a couple fabrics I liked, but when I laid them out, I decided to keep the quilt like it is, without borders. Ooooh, she has really nice fabrics...there may be a future raid.

The colors aren't as bright here because I took the picture inside at night, but you get the idea.

Yesterday was spent doing errands. Penny went to the groomer, so we took the opportunity to go to Sam's and get some things for future dinners. Mr Wazoo found a ride to Lowes for the insulation board to make Nancy a design wall. We'll tackle that today. I took a nice walk around the neighborhood, and documented a few of the things along the route. People are out walking their dogs and riding bicycles, so it is a fun walk.


Some of the beautiful flowers have recovered from the cold snap and are blooming.

The color of this hibiscus is wonderful! Like a sunrise!

Penny had her hair fluffed and trimmed yesterday. Oh what a pretty girl.

In her finery.

There was a bunny in one of the yards. We don't have any bunnies on the mountainside.

These colorful Mexican pots are all over the place, adding a burst of happiness along my walk.

This house has an entire garden of tropical plants in attractive pots.

Someone carved a fairy house into this tree stump. 

After all the bustle of the day, Penny piled up her toys, collapsed, and took a nap!

My Dad found the card in the box from his new light that offered a $50 coupon if you posted a picture of using the lamp on their Instagram page. Here he is, starting up the computer with his new lamp lighting the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.