Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Sewing with a friend

 Today, I walked down to Nancy's house and we did a bit of sewing together. I'm usually by myself with Penny keeping watch, so this was a treat. We hope to sew together a couple of times a week while I'm here.

I started a new project, and got all the blocks finished by 3:30 and time to go home and get started on supper. Yes...supper is served at 5PM and I am still tryint to get it on the table at that time.  It seems like an eternity until bedtime.

Here are some pics of our fun.

Make a bunch of HSTs and trim them back to 9 1/2 inches...

Okay! Then, cut them again and re-sew the bits together.

Roger that! After much sewing, I had the blocks ready to play with. Unfortunately, Nancy doesn't have a design wall (Mr W is working on that) So I just laid out a few of the blocks to see how they look.

Ooooo! I like them! We'll try tomorrow to get some of them sewn together.

Nancy finished a Quilt of Valor for a family member in the military.

I coaxed her into showing her face. Penny photobombed, as usual.

This is Nancy's sewing area. Big enough for several people to sew in, but perfect for two! We listened to music and chatted the time away. It was a fun day.

Dad is doing well and we have enjoyed visiting over dinner and coffee. Mr Wazoo brought home a cherry pie tonight and we all had a slice. Yum.
This is my Dad. He came by on the way back from getting his mail while we were sewing.
He and Mr W had a date to water his new plants.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.