Monday, April 26, 2021

Back in the saddle!

I successfully found my way to the doctor's office and back home again! Yippee! I set up in the sewing room here and started with a couple of simple projects until I get the feel of the machine. Nothing fancy...great charity quilts using the free Warm Wishes pattern. I have made hundreds of these and swear I could sew one in my sleep. They always look nice.

This is my new sewing space. My sister has a brilliant set up with everything I'll need to make quilts!

This is the cutting area. It's nice to be able to look out the window when I'm sewing. Keeping a lookout for any funny business. ha ha

First top is a child's quilt. Penny stayed in the living room the whole time I was sewing. Silly girl is scared of walking on the linoleum to get into the sewing room.

Doesn't this look like a guy with a pointy head? Keeps me amused.

Second top (modeled here by the lovely Penny) is a nursing home project. I know someone will love the bright cherries.

Penny tried it out and gave it the Good Dogkeeping seal of approval.

I moved my kits into empty drawers in this wire basket cart.

More kits in the other drawer, too.

More kits on the cutting table! I don't think I'll be running out of things to do.

Mr Wazoo is off planting things for a neighbor, and when he gets back, I will be going to Walmart for a hodge lodge of items we need. Watch band, flannel backed table cloth, capsaicin ointment, Birthday cards, rubber backed mat and cookies. I'll let you figure out which things are on my list and what's on Mr W's list. 
Tuna casserole for supper...easy peasy. 86 degrees and overcast today. Nice breeze, though.


1 comment:

  1. I've been going through my stash and have discovered way too many quilt kits!! Where have they been hiding! Ug, I too won't be running out of things to do ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.