Saturday, July 10, 2021

Rain and pain

 Rain, rain and more rain. I am getting weary of all this rain. Places in the area are flooded, but we have dodged the worst of it. As I write this, it is pouring down again. Poor old Penny hasn't been to the dog park in nearly a week! She's a good pup. 

Afternoon nap


It took a while to get to my CT scan...the rain obviously caused a bad wreck on the highway.

See the big black crack in the concrete barrier wall? When I went by later in the day, the entire section of wall had fallen and been replaced by metal safety rails. There was nothing on the news about it, but there was a semi and a car involved.

Yesterday, I sewed at Nancy's for a few hours and made good progress! Both Nancy and I finished our quilt tops. Hers is much prettier than mine, but I like mine, too. We both started new projects, and will work on them soon.
Here is my latest Kaffe BQ2

The maker and the quilt!

Nancy made this Garden Delight quilt top

Her fabrics are the same print in 12 different colorways.

Now, for the pain half of the equation. I had my CT scan and I have fractured my L3 vertebrae. Rats!! I have already had two vertebral fractures resulting in Kyphoplasty both times. My doctor has prescribed  some medication for the pain, but the ibuprofen and Tylenol seem to do the job better. Still, it was too painful to sleeping in the bed, so it was back to the recliner for me. I am contemplating giving up the longarm quilting when we get home and concentrating on the repair side of things. I don't think I can lift and pull like I used to.

The next step will be to get the pain under control and get home. I hope to be back in Georgia on the 26th of this month. Until then, rain, rain go away!!





1 comment:

  1. Oh, bless you. I am so sorry for your pain. I have long-standing chronic back pain and can sympathize! I hope all goes well and you can return to the comfort of your home as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.