Sunday, November 14, 2021

S-l-o-w recovery

The home health representative came yesterday and chided me for doing way too much after my surgery. I think it gives a patient a false sense of security to send them home the same day of surgery with the instructions; don't bend, lift or twist (BLT). I thought I could do most everything I used to do, but quickly discovered it was painful and tiring. Plus, I had a weird side effect from the scopolamine patch I had behind my ear for nausea...my left pupil is larger than my right one. This is called anisocoria, and can be benign or a sign of a life threatening condition. I have no pain with it, and my eye is otherwise normal, so I ruled out life threatening. I just have to put up with  blurry vision on that side for a while.

I am taking it easy, not walking too much, not digging out pots and pans from low cupboards, not picking up anything over five pounds...you know the drill. What I am doing is sewing. Yesterday, I made this top. It's from a flannel layer cake and soft as kitten's fur. I think it needs soft flannel on the back, so I'll make a quick trip to the shop tomorrow to get some. That makes four tops to do when the new machine comes.

The pattern is called Stars Over Minoqua. I bought the booklet for it in Wisconsin the last time I was there. Minoqua is a lovely town in Wisconsin found on a peninsula in the middle of a lake way up north.

I look a bit startled, but because my eyes are so deep set, I have to open them wide to show the disparity in my pupils. This, too, shall pass.

Today, I plan to sew some easy 16 patches and make another top. Bright color and Christmas music will fill my day. What are you going to do?!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.