Friday, February 11, 2022

Pain continues

 I went to Gainsville expecting to come home with pain relief, but my hopes were dashed when we were informed that it was an evaluation visit. The nurse practitioner was knowledgeable and friendly, but she really hurt me! There were tests of movement and strength as well as manipulation and palpation of the affected areas. When she finished, I could hardly stand  and had to sit for a few minutes to recover from the blast of pain. We went home with the promise someone would call and schedule my procedure. I got the call today.  It will be the 22nd at 8:00 AM. We'll have to be up at 6:00 to get to Gainsville for the prep. The injection bit takes 45 minutes and involves three big needles. At this point, I don't care. I just want to get back to normal and back to quilting.

I am able to do one quilt before I can't bear the pain, and this makes getting through the line of waiting quilts daunting. Here are the finishes I accomplished this week.

I love the designs on the batiks used here. The maker says it is a Jelly Roll Race quilt.

The pattern I used is called African Heat Wave.

The backing is this terrific feather fabric. 

This panel was made by a customer who is trying to finish her UFOs. She bought it at a yard sale because she liked the colors, and added a few small borders.

The quilting doesn't show well because of the busyness of the pattern. 
Its called Espalier

The customer sent a back that was too small. A quick call to her and I was able to substitute fabric from my stash for the back. It was perfect!

Two quilts to show for a week's work. Pitiful. With PT twice and the trip to Gainsville and a lost day recovering, it is no secret why. I hope next week will have better results. 

On a happier note, here's the grandson doing what little boys do best...having fun in the snow with his dad.
Don't you miss  the carefree days sledding and trudging back up the hill only to speed down again? I do. I love winter and snowy days. Sledding, skiing and skating on the lake. Oh, to be young again!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.