Sunday, February 6, 2022

Work is fun!

I may only work five hours day, but I am getting quilts done, and that makes me happy! I first finished this lovely Kaffe Fassett quilt. The colors are luscious and blendy. Yum!

The HSTs are strip  pieced, and each one has three different fabrics.

The pattern is called Adore

The Grunge fabric on the back adds to the deep colors of the top.

It was my birthday on Thursday, and Mr Wazoo and I had a wonderful steak dinner, followed by cake and ice cream. I had an all around good day, hearing from all my children and my Dad, sister and big brother. 

Mr W found this little cake at the bakery .

I have to show you the card from Daughter in Portland. She ordered it on line and wasn't aware it was a Mother's Day card. The little sign in the pop up flowers says Mother's Day, but her message is happy birthday. I told her she has both events covered!

Next, I worked on a little baby quilt (the customer's first quilt) and a charity quilt of mine.

Not too bad for a first attempt. There were a few puckers and tucks in the seams, bit the quilt is soft and nice for a little baby. Good job!

The panto is Bubbles

Another Grunge backing. I did the binding and label tonight while watching another episode of Vera.

For my wild UFO charity quilt, I added a scrap binding finish. 

A simple meander was appropriate for the quilting.

I had this great Jacks fabric in my stash from Cotton and Steel, and decided to use it on the back.

The next customer quilt was a boxed square pattern in reproduction fabrics. The choice of colors was very pleasing. It may have been a jelly roll.

You can find this pattern free on www.maryquilts.com

The panto is Scrolled Feathers

Click on the picture to see it closer.

While Chewy was quilting , I sewed this charity 2-3-2-6 top. It ia all flannel and very soft

Doge in outer space. Too cute! I'll get it finished tomorrow.

Grandson's latest escapade was a jaunt out on the ice of Lake Mendota for a kite flying event. These three cat kites are...(are you ready?)...The cat's meow!! Yellow cat looks to be giving grandson a pat on the head.

Here is a regal looking couple of disheveled beings. Shaggy Penny is beginning to look like a brown bear! Mr W on his throne (the power recliner) with his morning coffee. My two favorite housemates, although Penny needs a bath. P-U!!















 

2 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.