Saturday, March 5, 2022

Quilt, dog and spring!

 I spent a relaxed day in the studio yesterday, with Penny as company and some interaction with my friendly customers. The ladies came for the repaired log cabin as well as the tablecloth quilt. Both were happy, and that makes me feel great!

Remember this Barn Raising log cabin project? It came in as a sad top with numerous worn and torn logs, in need of a good cleaning. Here it is, fixed, quilted, bound and washed.

Most of the day, I worked on this Tula Pink quilt. While the rows were stitched, I chose and cut the fabrics for the borders that were part of month one and two of the Block of the Month I'm doing. Oh dear! We're into month three and I am still doing January! Hopefully, this weekend I will get the bits made for the appliqué and the dog-tooth borders done.
 Here is the Tula quilt.

I must say, it is very colorful. I think I would like it better if there was somewhere for the eye to rest! That's a lot of pattern going on. I like Tula Pink fabrics, but moderation with busy prints is the key to a successful quilt.

The squirrel fabric is one of my favorites of this collection!

Panto: Boho in lime green So Fine thread.
I like the juxtaposition of the huge flowers and the tiny birds.

The backing was the most exciting Marcia Derse fabric I have seen.

It is so beautiful, I thought I'd show you the whole thing!
I would have it on my bed this side up! ha ha

The quilting texture stands out well on the backing.

It has been beautiful outside for a couple of days, and there was a tiny sign of Spring right in the middle of the lawn! One poppy has come up well outside the flower garden. I suspect the seed was deposited by a pooping bird or squirrel. It made me smile!


Last night, I was doing some hand stitching on the strip quilt repair and the Christmas quilt binding when Penny started to cry quietly. I moved the quilt on my lap, and this is what I saw. Awww...How can I resist that face? Time to quit working and give her some cuddles and love. It was a full day. On to the next!!

Yup, those are my legs, where she wedged her head in trying to get my attention.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.