Friday, March 4, 2022

Progress on all fronts

 After a horrible set back from an especially hard aqua therapy session, I am slowly recovering and back at the studio. I took a day off to ice my back and rest, then began to slowly start quilting again. Will this ever get better?! I hope so.

I began with one of my own quilts, getting it quilted and the binding made and applied. I need to do the hand stitching, but it will be another finish!

I made another Stars over Lake Minoqua quilt from these sparkly holiday fabrics. All of them have a glittery finish, hard to see in photos. This is not my favorite of the series I have made. The fabrics are too close in value to see the secondary star pattern.

My favorite Christmas panto is Holly Berry, and it looks great in gold thread.

Backing from a sale at the Hiawassee shop.

I made the binding from an old Jinny Beyer fabric I've had for years in my red stash.

I finished the quilting of the five customer quilts from the same lady. The first two were the green and blue stars and the peacock quilt. The last three were all identical; panels of construction vehicles. Really fun!

I won't show all three because they are exactly the same. 
It is a really cute panel, though.

The panto came with my HQ machine, and is a spiral square motif. I forgot the name...maybe plaid something...My mind is a blank.

Matching backing.

Next was a project that will be a tablecloth for the quilt maker's friend. I did a more dense panto to make it sturdy and flat. The football shapes are sewn on with various decorative stitches. My cupped foot on the HQ glided right over the raised edges without turning any of them over when sewn! I love that foot.

The quilt will lie really flat on a table because of the dense stitching

Panto: Paisley flower in a light blue Omni thread.

The backing is this attractive nautical print.

I have been making slow progress on the boxed squares on point quilt. The sashing is 3/4 inch finished, so it has been a fiddly bit of sewing. Its not perfect, but it looks as good as it is going to. I'm over it, but have miles to go to get the top done.

I was right about the black and gold sashing...it is stunning!
A pain to sew, but effective for showing off the block fabrics.

Oh, I am truly in love with these Lonni Rossi fabrics!

On the Homefront, Mr Wazoo has been in his element, working in the yard every day. He has raked and cleared the leaves from winter, and pruned the garden plants. A man driving by stopped and got out of his truck just to talk with Mr W and heap praise on his gardening prowess. Now, he is even more stoked to get everything in shape for Spring!

With warm, sunny weather, Mr W is a happy boy.

I took Penny out for a run in the back yard. She enjoyed the warm day as much as I did, watching her from a lawn chair.

Grandson sent a picture of the quilt he designed on his computer. Oh my, what a six year old can do on a computer that his Grandma struggles to do... I'm going to try to make the quilt on the screen as a surprise for him. A good weekend challenge!

Stay tuned to see if it materializes!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.