Saturday, February 26, 2022

Things are humming in the studio

 I feel best in the morning, so I have started my days early to get a leg up on the queue of quilts. I'm making friends with my HQ, Chewie, and we make a good pair. Starting yesterday, Chewie and I were on a roll. Here is what transpired Friday.

The baby quilt repair is finished, and on its way to Colorado. I re-embroidered the missing parts and darned some rips and holes in the backing. This is as good as it will ever be.

Fresh embroidery, frames and patching

The flannel backing is also repaired.

Remember these blocks? I finished sewing them and threw them up on the design wall to study.

The Lonni Rossi fabrics are fabulous!

Meanwhile, I worked on a very large quilt for a customer. At the end of the day, it wasn't done, so Penny and I shut down the machine and left it until today.

Let's go!!

First thing this morning, Penny and I turned on the lights, the heater and the machine, ready to get a lot of work done. The first task was to finish the big quilt from yesterday.

The quilt will be a new bed cover for the customer.

Panto: Feather Flowers

The backing is a very soft bed sheet. This will be a comfortable cover, for sure!

Next up, a bevy of quilts from one customer. It seems quilters stockpiled their tops until I was back in business! I'm happy about it, but working hard to get caught up.

The first quilt was this elegant starry piece.

Panto: Phoenix

There were pretty flowers on the backing, too.

The second Quilt was replete with peacocks!

All the fabrics used were opulent with gold accents.

This is the back! The clever use of the panel here makes the quilt reversible.

Panto: Paisley Feather

I decided to move the Lonni Rossi blocks on point to see how they would look. I love it!! I fired up my EQ and designed what I am going to do with them. Adding tiny sashing and cornerstones made all the difference. Some contrasting setting triangles and a Lonni Rossi fabric border, and voila! Perfect! Now, I just have to make it...

                                                   
Don't they look 100% better this way?


Here is the computer mock up.

Sunday-Funday tomorrow. I'd better hit the sack so I'll be fresh and raring to go.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.