Monday, February 21, 2022

A finished customer quilt and a day of rest

Mr Wazoo helped me load the big modern quilt for an artistic customer on Sunday-Funday. The roll of batting is way too heavy for me to lift, and he was looking for something to do to help. The quilting went along without a snag and I love how it turned out!

I don't get to quilt many modern quilts, but I know the empty space usually has intricate quilting patterns.
This quilt has loads of blank space, and some interesting pops of color.

It is a big quilt and I couldn't get it all in the picture, but I wanted you to see the colorful French braid part.

I used the panto, Bada Bing. I am loving the texture of this quilting! I think my next quilt will have this same pattern...stay tuned!

Neutral backing really shows off the quilting.

I went to aqua-therapy this morning and was feeling the effects after I got home. Sitting with the heating pad and using some Ibuprofen and Tylenol helped take the edge off the pain, but I wasn't able to work in the studio. I worked on my latest customer repair, hand sewing the new pieces over the worn ones. It will be an ongoing project for a while.
 By this time tomorrow I will have had the procedure on my back and will be recovering at home. I'm a little nervous, but I think it will be fine. I'll keep you all posted with the details. Now, its off to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.