Monday, May 9, 2022

Sewing and packing

 A day without sewing is a day without sunshine... I may have borrowed the sentiment, but its true. No sewing for the next week, but we'll be traveling and visiting. The studio is buttoned up and a neighbor is watching the house and watering the plants. We're ready.

I finished making the blocks for the tree frog quilt, and sewed the rows together, making sure I had them in the correct order! I didn't want to have another surprise when quilting it later.

There was a lot of trimming going on before the blocks were ready. 
The fabric next to the blocks will be the border

Here is the interior part of the quilt.

I also trimmed the QOV and steamed the wobbly border. It may not be perfect, but I did what I could.

The border hangs okay, so I think the quilt is fine.

I used the simple Rounded Squares panto because I didn't want to chance a bunch of star points getting caught on a quilt with raised motifs all over it.

The backing is very soft and cozy.

I only sewed until 2:30, then I did the grocery run and prepared dinner. We'll be on the road early tomorrow, so look for an update from Baton Rouge!

The gardens are coming to life! Roses, iris and peonies are displaying their finery

What a beauty, There are loads of buds ready to pop open.
I hope some of them wait until we get home!

This one is not quite fully open. Why are there always ants on peonies?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.