Thursday, July 14, 2022

A repair finish and a look at the garden.

After a couple of marathon sessions, I finished the double wedding ring repair for a waiting customer. I washed the quilt and it is now ready to add a few patches for the final repair. I decided to wash it first because I needed a true sense of the color I need for the patches! The quilt was quite dirty from years of use without being washed.

This shows how I prepped each center for the repair. All the ring centers were pulled away from their rings and needed to be re-sewn. It took a really long time to do all those rings! I'm so happy to be finished with this part of the repair. The few torn patches will be a piece of cake to fix after this huge project!

After washing and partially drying, I laid the quilt on the guest bed overnight to get it completely dry and ready for patching. I took the picture late at night by the overhead light. Trust me, the large centers are now white!

We've  had a daily rain shower for a week now, so the flowers are happy and healthy. Lots of bees and butterflies, too. 
Last night when I took the dog out before bed, there was a pair of hooded skunks ambling across the garden in the back yard. Fortunately, Penny didn't make a sound, which is great for me! If you haven't seen, or didn't know there were different types of skunks, I looked them up since they were not like the striped skunks I am used to seeing. They were very fluffy and silvery white in the darkness. Nice looking...if you can say that about a skunk!

Wow, I love these petunias!

The hosta are all in bloom, with their tall lavender spikes.

This variety is really beautiful, lime green and vibrant next to the dark mulch..

The bee balm, hydrangea, butterfly bush and day lillies are all putting on a show in the side garden.

This is what a hooded skunk looks like. No stripes!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.