Tuesday, July 12, 2022

All quiet on the machine front

 No news from HQ. 

I put the borders on the quilt in progress, and started a big project that will certainly take a while to finish. It is the Moda color quilt, but I am making it without color! I don't do neutral, so this is really out of my box. I saw the quilt in the fabric shop in Ooltewah, TN and bought the pattern and fabrics there. Here is block number one, and the finished comfort quilt top.

Today, I take a break from sewing and work on the repair of the double wedding ring customer quilt. I want to have it done by Friday!

The top is done for the comfort quilt. 

Block number one of the neutral project. It's a giant; finishing at 36" square!

The pattern is a booklet. The cutting instructions alone take up 10 pages!  Lots of trimming again. I'm getting used to having to trim everything!

There is another episode of the congressional hearings for January 6th today, and I plan to watch and listen while hand sewing the customer quilt. I find these hearings compelling and riveting. Time to get organized and get to the studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.