Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Time to go to work

Just a short post to keep you up to date. Yesterday, Mr W's sister came over from South Carolina to visit before returning to her home in Germany. We hadn't seen her for two years and had a nice (if very short) visit. She loved the studio and described it as "insane!". Oh dear...I guess it does look over the top to a non-quilter.

With only half a day to quilt, I managed to finish the quilting on another of my quilts. This will be a comfort quilt for a member of my evening guild. Members sign their names in the white block parts.

I made this quilt with the idea it would be given away.

Panto: Daisy chain

I chose the design because it is delicate and cheerful

Nice cherry backing, too.

I sewed the backing, pressed it and loaded up the crazy quilt while doing the quilting on the comfort quilt. I have decided it needs more stability, so I am following the edges of the block pieces as well as stitching the ditches between the blocks. It will take longer but look and age much better.

Loaded up and one row quilted. It may take more than one day to finish.

Mr Wazoo refilled the hummingbird feeder outside the back porch. I sit out there every day and have my morning coffee watching the deer, squirrels and birds start their day. We had three hummers fighting it out for a position on the feeder. Everyone took turns feeding, but the others would come chase the lucky bird away It is fun to watch their antics!

It was pouring rain when I took this picture. Today, the sun is out and everything is drippy.
Another warm day here in the mountains!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.