Saturday, August 6, 2022

Slow stitching and works in progress

 This week was a bit slower than usual. I didn't have to go anywhere, and got a good bit of sewing and quilting done. Very s-l-o-w-l-y. When I take little breaks during the day, I find my back doesn't hurt as badly and I can accomplish more in the end. So I did some slow sewing and quilting, getting some projects closer to the finish line.

I finished the stitch-every-ditch quilting done on the crazy quilt, and I admit that made it way more stable. I did notice some split silks, and will be repairing the quilt when I'm done with the binding.

My favorite assistant photo bombed me again...

She loves to pose in front of the quilts!

Muslin backing and Hobbs 80/20 for batting.

Outside, the birds, bugs and butterflies are plentiful. The herd of deer come through daily with a big buck and two teen bucks with short antlers. The twin babies are getting bigger and their spots are almost gone.
Tiger swallowtails and these beauties (I think it is a spicebush swallowtail) come to my porch flower box daily.

All the small birds and the butterflies love these black-eyed Susans.

Pretty butterfly just wouldn't open his wings all the way.

On the quilting front, I have been working my way through some charity quilts for the guild.

This pretty quilt will go to a nursing home resident

Panto: Argus

The leafy panto really shows on the back.

This small quilt shows the love, doesn't it?

Panto: Heart struck. I had this backing in my stash.

Also from my stash is this lively stripe for the binding.

Last, but not least, is the tee shirt quilt. I received a note from the customer that she would like it to be queen sized. Hallelujah! There are 40 shirts to use, and it is much easier in a bigger quilt. I am assembling the rows into a top. Hopefully, I'll be ready to quilt it tomorrow!

Two rows to do today, then I'll be ready to quilt.
I'm off to the studio and more quilting adventures!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.