Thursday, September 8, 2022

A whirlwind visit and more studio time

 My daughter and her new husband were here for a day and a half, way to short a time to get my mom fix.  They were on a tight schedule, visiting loads of relatives up the East coast in only 10 days! We visited and showed them the sights, as well as going out to eat (gasp!) and getting to know Casper. It was a good visit.

Mr Wazoo helped me clean up the porch furniture to get ready for the visit.

I look at this picture and see myself 21 years ago in my daughter's face.

Atop Brasstown Bald, the tallest mountain in Georgia. The rain stopped long enough for a bit of sight seeing.

The happy couple

Daughter and mom enjoying the day.

The four of us atop Blood Mountain, along the Appalachian Trail. Neel Gap is close to where we live and we pass it every time we go south to my doctor appointments.

Amy walked a few steps of the A.T. and took pictures of the beautiful area.



Mr W replaced a couple of the flowers in the pots, too. The summer flowers were looking sad, so he put in the first mums of the season.


Things settled down after they left, and I got back into the studio yesterday. I finished quilting and binding the two charity quilts and cleaned up some of the fabric piles that have accumulated on the cutting table. It was to the point where I had to move piles to be able to trim quilts! Yikes!! There is room now, but there are still some piles. sigh...

Another 2-3-2-6 for the nursing home. I used the teal fabric for the binding.

Panto: Twinkling leaves

Stash backing.

I made some more blocks for the neutral quilt. I am forcing myself to carry on and get this project done. I'm ready for some color!!

I love how this panel quilt turned out! $5 for the panel (a sale room find) and all the rest from my stash.

Panto: Fork in the road

Dog and cat speak backing and black binding.

Penny napped most of the day. The visit was the highlight of her dull life with us geezers!
Off to the studio!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.