Monday, September 12, 2022

Life in the studio, my happy place!

I've been working on the big neutral quilt, determined to get it finished so I can move to something more exciting. Yesterday, that happened! Six hours of quilting was all it took to finally see the finish line on this one. I had to quit at 6:00, but took the photos anyway. I will trim it and apply the binding today. Yippee!!

I started a week ago, making these blocks on Sunday and Monday


                                           

                                This block took a full day to finish while quilting other projects                                         


                                                                             
                                                                    Thursday and Friday's progress


Three sections were completed by Saturday night

Yesterday, I finished the last blocks and assembled the quilt sections.
All finished and quilted.

Panto: Amethyst

I bought the wide backing in Cumming.

Meanwhile, I quilted and bound these charity quilts for the day guild.

Number one

Panto: Paisley swirl

I like the contrast with the backing

Number two

Panto: Frisky Feathers

Pink and green; so pretty

Number three, plaid hearts

Panto: PS I Love you

More pink backing

Number four; Pretty Chinese coins

Panto: Basketweave

Oops! Sideways pink backing

Number five; some floral stars

Panto: Rows of feathers

Oh shoot! Sideways again. Creamy white with a blush of pink

I am so happy to get onto something colorful for the next quilt. It took all afternoon just to cut out the pieces for the background of the blocks. I imagine it will be slow going as there are 24 blocks, and I intend to use 12 color combinations for them. I'll cut two and sew those before moving on. I'm excited to see how they look. It's always a surprise and a bit of a mystery when beginning a new project. Let's get started!!

Backing cut and bits labeled, colors stacked up and ready to sew

A couple of unrelated pictures for you to enjoy. The last of the Summer blooms on the back porch, Penny finally using her bed for its real purpose, and a tidbit I found on-line. Happy sewing!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.