Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Color in the studio!

 The binding ia finished on the big neutral, so it was time to start my colorful palate cleanser. It's called Sparrow. I'm not making the traditional sparrow, rather some more colorful birds! I have unfortunately done gobs of picking out because of getting confused with the opposite facing blocks. I finally got in the groove and made these!


!0 pretty birds!

I also finished the binding on the giant customer quilt. I didn't bother to take a picture...we've all see binding.
Today, I took in an interesting repair job. This appliqué quilt was made by the owner's mother and was from a kit. The blue markings are visible and we commiserated about not being able to remove them. I have a baby quilt my mom started in 1944 the I finished, and can't get the blue dots out. Oh well, it is a beautiful quilt, worthy of fixing.

Pretty applique

The quilt is a stylized tree of life. It has a Jacobean feel to the design.

The yellow thread has given up the ghost and left the yellow flowers hanging.

It should be fairly easy to re-applique these .

Another one...

This is the worst of the batch. The hand quilting is lovely and the quilt's binding is totally intact. 
I shouldn't struggle with this one!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.