Tuesday, September 20, 2022

My goodness! How time flies.

 Did you know that Saturday was National Jelly Roll Day? It seemed like a great excuse to whip up a jelly roll quilt, so I bought one and made this on Funday-Sunday!

One of my go-to patterns, Boxed Squares, from the website Mary Quilts. It is a free pdf.pattern 
I love this because it makes a nice lap sized quilt from one jelly roll!

I loaded it up, and had it quilted and bound yesterday!

I also finished the quilt top with the bright birds. I decided on the green border to match the leaves in the blocks. I got the backing fabric at the same shop in Dahlonga where I got the jelly roll.

Almost done on Thursday...

Top sewn on Friday

Auditioning the green border

The quirky birds backing

It will be a while before I get this one  quilted because I have things to do this week. I will be in Franklin tomorrow judging the County Fair quilts, and back there again on Thursday for my longarm club meeting. I guess the quilting will have to wait until Friday or Saturday. We'll see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the view out my studio window while I sew...
Penny watched in silence while these two deer ate acorns in the yard.

If you live in the woods, you get to see loads of these, too!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.