Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Back to quilting and a road trip

 Last week it was back to the studio and trying to get my queue of quilts whittled down a bit. There had to be a balance between the quilting and the repairing, though. I have divided my time between the two in order to keep up. Let's start with a construction order...

The job began with 11 blocks, 8 with flowers and three with baskets. To make a balanced quilt, I made one basket block to match the others.

Next, I added some sashing ...

also inner and outer borders. Once the top was sewn, I quilted it.

Panto: Baptist fan

I had this soft floral fabric in my stash for the backing.

The next few days were for quilting. Here are the results of my labors.

This is a stunning sampler. Very modern looking.

Panto: Frolic

The backing is lovely, too!

This project is a wowser! Keeping all the borders straight was a challenge.

Panto: Feather swirls

The quilt will be beautiful on someone's bed.

Here is a quilt made by the customer who has a friend newly diagnosed with cancer. Having this gift from her friend will lift her spirits, I'm sure.

I don't remember the name of the panto

These are the finishes from the week ready to go home.

My batting scrap bin runneth over!

A new week brought some more quilting. Two camping quilts for the customer's RV.I love the National Park fabrics out now. This first quilt features a large panel with all the parks on it.

The rounded squares of my favorite panel quilt pattern look great and add texture without detracting from the pictures.

Bright turquoise back.

The second quilt is long and slim. I think it may be a nap quilt for the RV.There are two panels on this one.

The quilting pattern is hard to see, but it has travel trailers on it.

Alternating with the campers are flowers with swirly bits.

This one has a pieced tan and turquoise back.

Over the weekend I made a couple of 2-3-2-6 quilts for the longarm group's presentation at the meeting next week. The fabrics are all from my stash.

This one is for the Heart to Heart group, who make quilts for nursing home residents to use. I have since quilted and bound it.

This is for the Hugs and Kisses group, who make quilts for kids.

I love the cheerful party dogs and the Laurel Burch dogs.

I bought yardage of this puzzle fabric at a sale, and it made a colorful backing for the dog quilt.

I spent half my day Monday in Franklin, NC at the Smokey Mountain Quilt Guild, showing a retrospective of my quilts. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did! 
I am still working on a big repair, but the end of the repairing is in sight, and I have only to apply the new binding. I will be busy tomorrow in the studio, putting away all the quilts and doing some customer quilting. 
This Spring has been crazy! Hot, cold, sunny and beautiful, windy and raining in torrents...you get the gist. The yard has managed to make it through the storms and winds, and my peonies are almost done blooming for this year. They are short lived, but a blessing for the sight and smell of the gardeners.




Dew on the roses.


The deer haven't had their salad of hosts this year...yet!

Mountain Laurel is blooming.

Enjoy your week, and keep on quilting!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.