Sunday, May 19, 2024

Lots of handwork!

 I am almost finished with a two month long repair! Yesterday, I put made and attached the new binding and today I will be sewing it down by hand as well as replacing a few more patches I missed. It's always a good feeling when I finish such a big job and get it back to the owner.

We had to turn in the quilts for the fiber arts show in Blue Ridge, and five out of six I put in needed to have sleeves applied. Ugh! My least favorite part of quilting. Thank goodness a sleeve isn't required on all quilts. After I finished a two day marathon of hand sewing those sleeves, I received two king size quilts from a customer who also wanted sleeves put on her quilts. At 105" and 111', they also took two days to accomplish! All done!! I will snap a few pics when the show opens in June.

Meanwhile, I managed to squeeze in a few customer quilting projects.

These next two quilts are from an adventuresome traveler who has her own RV! She is preparing to see the country and make memories.

The fabric is pictures of all the National Parks. I used the rounded squares panto to add texture without detracting from the pictures.

Beautiful teal backing.

The second quilt is for the RV couch. This has the parks, and a map of their locations.

I used a trailer motif for the quilting.

Every other motif is a flower with swirls.

This one has a pieced back of tan and teal.

This customer quilt is a pretty homage to Spring.

The panto has flowers that mimic the pattern in the large focal fabric.

Spring green backing, too.

This customer made two patriotic quilts; one for her son in the service, and one for the man-cave in her basement.

I used Simply Stars for the panto on both quilts.

Two different patriotic backings, too!

While I was doing a week's worth of hand sewing in the comfort of the living room easy chair, a Carolina wren was busy building a nest in one of the Boston ferns on the porch. Lucky for me, she chose the fern I can see from my chair! Mr Wazoo has to be extra careful when he waters the planter with the nest.

The view from my chair.

Way up by the hanger, she lands and then pops down into the fronds. Every time she brings bits of leaves and sticks.

Mother's Day was nice this year. My daughter sent peonies! Mine are almost done blooming in the garden. It was great to have some in the house to look at.


Mr W's clematis is in full swing this Spring. Every year it gives us a beautiful show.



When I took my quilts to Blue Ridge, Mr Wazoo came along to help. There was a wonderful pottery show going on and Mr W fell in love with  a rabbit. He kept going back to look at it, and then pulled the trigger and purchased it! I was surprised, but happy, since I liked the rabbit, too. We named him Harvey and he sits on the hearth keeping watch over Penny and us.

Harvey at the art show

Harvey at home.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.