Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Long time no post

I have been remiss in posting here!  Life gets busy sometimes and I just don't have the energy to write something witty for you all. So sorry. Let's get caught up and go from there...

I left you with a photo of the customer's sewing machine quilt  Here it is all done.

Fresh from trimming

Grunge fabrics work well for this pattern!

I used a geometric circular panto for the quilting.

I like this entire project.

Next was a 180 degree turn from the modern sewing machine quilt. Made by the same customer, this Sunbonnet Sue quilt is soft and pretty in Tilda fabrics. She had already made an Overall Sam quilt for the first child, so using the Sue pattern for the new baby was a no brainer.

It is quilted with Baptist Fan.

Sweet backing completes the quilt.

This behemoth took two days to complete the quilting. Each 6" block is repeated four times throughout the quilt. All batiks.

Here you get a better feel for the size of the project.

The quilting is a scrolling trellis type pattern. I thought it would add texture to the busyness of the quilt.

Brown backing.

Another large project was this UFO from another customer. She started it years ago and finished it  this year. Hooray!

Front view. The construction was perfect. Square and flat.

I used a lovely paisley scroll pattern for the quilting.

You get a better look at the pattern on the backing.

I love what I do because the variety is so interesting. This lap quilt is improv-pieced in bright happy colors. The applique adds the perfect touch to the pretty quilt.

The quilt is for a girl, so I used a butterfly pattern in variegated thread.

Cute pieced backing, too.

Mr Wazoo is in his element outside. He works on his flowers and shrubs, riding the tractor around and tidying up the beds and weeding where needed. Our yard is truly a showplace for the neighborhood.

Outside the studio, there are small pots with lovely plants and pops of color.

The clematis went crazy this year and is packed with an abundance of blooms.

The shrubs in the front rock garden are coming back from the freeze we had two winters ago.

Here is the street view of the house and the front yard.

Our new butterfly bush is going strong and attracting butterflies already!

The pots on the porch outside my window are beautiful.

These are the nicest blooms I have seen on the clematis.

My friends and I went to Pigeon Forge, TN last week for their annual quilt show.  I didn't take many photos, but thought I would include one of my favorite quilt.

This is my favorite. It is all wool applique with wonderful embroidered bits in the blocks.

After the retreat, I did a trunk show and talk in Franklin, NC, came home and packed my stuff for a retreat and drove to Dahlonega, GA for a four day sew-fest. I sewed like a crazy person and finished 6 quilt tops. Most are for guild outreach committees, and one (yet unfinished) is for me. Here are some photos from the retreat.

The first top on the wall is a Warm Wishes project with a fun floral theme.

One of my sewing mates finished this cheerful baby quilt with bright block borders around cute animals.

There are two sewing spaces for retreat goers. I snapped this when the ladies were going to lunch in the upstairs level of the venue.

This is the area where I sewed with five other quilters.

Our friend Lauren is freshly retired, and there was a party to celebrate.

She looks relaxed and happy.



I made this top with Villa Rosa batiks. I may have to keep this one!

After looking at several Three Yard quilt books, I decided o make my next community quilts with this pattern

This one has feathers on its focal fabric.

Lauren made this tongue in cheek Christmas quilt with hunky men.

My top number two, but with different  borders.

The focus fabric has these pretty birds on it.


This top has raccoons flying airplanes. 

Some are even parachuting out!


The happy retiree

Our group of quilters with the Georgia mountains in the background.

When I got home, I quilted one of my tops from the retreat.

I thought these dogs were adorable! Look at that pink tummy on the sleeping puppy.

I quilted it with dog bone motifs, and used a coordinating backing.

My label.

That's it for now. I am off to see if I can get a haircut. I also have to stop at Home Depot and arrange to  have a Father's Day gift delivered. A quick grocery trip, then back to work!! 
Have a great day, and keep quilting!





                




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.