Friday, June 28, 2019

Are we boring?

My daughter called last night to check in and see what we're up to. I told her we were quilting and working in the yard most days. She seemed incredulous that we do the same thing every day. I pointed out that she and the rest of the kids aren't like a house on fire either...Get up, eat breakfast, work all day, go home, eat, maybe go out to sporting event or entertainment of some kind, go to bed. Lather, rinse, repeat!! Just because the things we do don't look exciting to the younger set, doesn't mean we aren't enjoying life!! I'm not bored with what I'm doing, or I wouldn't be doing it.
Okay, I'm done venting about the younger generation!
Yesterday, Gail and I worked on stuffing envelopes for show publicity, and mailing them to 80 quilt guilds and shops. Instead of going to town to do this, we drove to Cleveland, GA and to Quilt-n' Kaboodle quilt shop and poked around for a bit. I bought a gizmo that my friend Audrey had at retreat that cuts the thread between chain pieced blocks. I love it!! I got my money's worth out of it when I got home, making the blocks for the second tie quilt. Here are the blocks I have finished...there are many more to make before I sew it all together.

Ties on the design wall. It is coming together!
Mr Wazoo worked outside after completing one small customer quilt. He had a dickens of a time with the wavy outer border, so I helped him with each quilt advance to baste it into submission. Ladies, you have to measure before sewing those borders on!!

Pretty little quilt with some border difficulties.

Panto: Yodel

Nice yellow backing
While I sewed the ties, Mr W weeded and moved some rocks around outside, making the yard tidy again. I am so fortunate to have a husband who enjoys yard work. Our property is always a pleasure to enjoy.

The wild blackberries all along the driveway are loaded with fruit.

Some are starting to ripen, but it is a battle to see who gets to them first; us or the deer and bears!


The hydrangea we planted last year has exploded in size and has loads of blooms starting to open.

Color has given way to lush greenery now that Summer is in full swing


I think it's time to get some chairs out by the fire pit and watch the stars (and the space station) go by while toasting some marshmallows!

My gardener, taking a break at the end of a busy day.

I bought him another pair of his favorite shoes in a new color.  That ought to show those pesky kids how exciting we are!! ha ha!

Molly is looking a bit like a sheep, so she will go for a 'fluff-and-buff' next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.