Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Not much happening

I haven't posted much this week, as I have been doing quite boring stuff. The stitch in the ditch on the Baltimore album quilt is progressing slowly...all that beautiful (and tiny) applique needs to be anchored with a close SID. It will be even more lovely when it is done. I have been cutting the pieces for the second tie quilt (this one for the daughter) and have finally finished that task.


Piles of tie parts ready for sewing

I'm hoping the quilt will be big enough for a lap size after sewing. Fingers crossed!
Mr Wazoo took an AC break and came indoors during the hottest part of the day to quilt a bit. He finished this quilt and now I have to make and apply the binding. I have been in a binding mode lately, finishing all three charity quilts I sewed at the retreat. I should be able to finish this one off today.

It has a fun twist on Log cabin for the blocks

Panto: Small Splat. The customer chose the turquoise thread.

I really like the olive fabric on the back. All the colors of the quilt are in it.
While I cut all those ties and added the three bindings, I used Millie to quilt this low volume king sized quilt. It is so big, each row took a half hour to do! Wow! Two days of quilting, and it's done.

Hard to distinguish the blocks, but beautiful nonetheless.

Panto: Paradise Feathers

More neutral backing.
My Dad called from Texas last night, and he is holed up in his house, surrounded by ten inches of flood waters! Seems they had a brutal storm with torrential rain, leaving the park under water. A kind neighbor has taken his dog, Millie, to higher ground a couple of times a day to relieve herself, and Dad is staying inside (it's 100 degrees there) and waiting it out. This year has sure been one for wild weather and storms. We have had some hum-dingers here, too, and my friends in Wisconsin have had floods and unseasonable cold. Climate change? Yup.
I'm off to the studio to multi-task another day. I have to get sewing on the ties, continue ditching the applique quilt, and load the next Millie project. There are a couple of customers coming with quilts, too, so I had better get changed from jammies into some presentable clothes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.