Saturday, June 22, 2019

Home again, home again, jiggity jog

Retreat is over and I am unpacked and back in the studio. I made four tops there, and brought them home for quilting.
I showed Debbie the pattern ( my favorite 2-3-2-6) and she made a patriotic one. Mine is a goofy kid quilt with bugs.

Debbie is helping me hold theses to show you. A nice lady's quilt and a kid quilt with dogs on it.

I cut the bits for this oriental quilt before I went to the retreat. Unfortunately, I didn't cut enough! The fabrics were mostly purchased in Japan from my two trips, some from my daughter-in-law, and some from her mother.
Mr Wazoo quilted while I was away having fun, and finished this quilt for a happy customer.

Wow! I don't have enough purple scraps for something like this.

Panto: Quirky

Cranes fly across the purple backing.
I Quilted a large Tula Pink quilt for another customer. I changed thread with the colors changes on the quilt. It turned out nice. This is the second quilt like this for the same customer. The other one went to a granddaughter.

Hmmm...someone is photobombing my picture! What a ham.

Panto: Chevron

Blue waves and seashells on the back.
Here are the charity quilts, done and ready for binding.

This is even too bright for my tastes. I tried to match the bug colors, but that made it a bit too wild.

Panto: Modern twist

I had this starry fabric for the back in my stash.

I love the soft color combination in this one.

Panto: Small Splat

The backing as another stash find.

Here are some trendy dogs.

Panto: Stipple

Another stash find for the back.
While the Millie chugged through rows on the charity quilts, I sewed and added the last 29 blocks to the Japanese quilt.

The centers are bits of Japanese fabrics, and the sashing and borders are supposed to look like Indigoes. I didn't have many of those, so some of my big Batik stash was added to fill in. I thought it needed a pop of red, so I added the inner border as well as a piano key border, too.

I have to stare at it for a while to decide on how to quilt it...
Right now, I am so tired I can hardly think to type this. I am off to bed and a good night's sleep. It's good to be home!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.