Sunday, September 15, 2019

Back at work

The QOV is quilted and has the binding on. I did the hand sewing tonight after supper.I think it turned out really pretty. It is for a woman vet. My daughter, Amy. She is carrier Army and did two tours in Iraq and one in Guantanamo. We're proud of her for serving her country at a time of war, and raising two wonderful kids along the way. I'll be sending the quilt and case off to the Arizona QOV for them to do the ceremony.

Amy in Iraq with her fellow large equipment mechanics. (And a piece of really large equipment!) She's the only female, center of the front row.

Amy with Iraqi school children and their teacher.


Quilting finished!

Binding applied.

Star Swirl panto

Moda Grunge dot backing
I loaded up a custom quilt on the big Gammill and set out to do the stitch in the ditch with invisible thread. I do it this way with every quilt, but for some reason, this one is giving me fits. The thread keeps either breaking or skipping several stitches. I only did 6 umbrellas in over two hours! I decided to turn off the machine and try again tomorrow.

Loaded and ready for quilting.

The umbrellas are all batiks, as is the background.

They're very cute, but driving me nuts.
On the APQS, I loaded a big green quilt and started the quilting. It is about half done, and I will also finish it tomorrow. Right before quitting, I made the label for the moon over the mountain quilt. The pen made a bit of a blob, but I don't really care. I got it sewn on tonight, too.

I had to release the quilt from the roller about half way through because it wasn't laying flat. I'll finish it up with a full float instead. It is a pretty scrap quilt, for sure.

You can't tell from this photo, but the fabric is a lavender batik and looks great on the backing. Darn pen blob...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.