Thursday, September 19, 2019

Back to hand work

 Because the Gammill is out of order, I am unable to do custom work while quilting on Millie. What's a gal to do? Hand work! I finished sewing the rest of the circles for my demo sample, and got them all turned and ready to sew tomorrow. The hole where the last four go is for the ones I will demonstrate sewing and turning. After that, I will show the viewers how to add them to the quilt. After the show, and the two demos, the quilt will be done!

This will end up being much smaller after I sew the circles together.
Millie chugged along, quilting this colorful string-spiderweb quilt. 

You know how I love scrappy quilts, and this one is a dandy!

I selected the panto Chantilly, and a variegated King Tut thread in shades of purple. I thought it would show up but not be overwhelming.

A nice lavender thread on the back.
I started the next quilt, and plan to have it finished tomorrow. I also added the label to my daughter's Quilt of Valor, and made the presentation pillowcase. Mr Wazoo will ship them to the QOV person in Arizona tomorrow, and they will make arrangements for the ceremony. I wish I could be there, but I think my grandson will Face-time it for me. 

This one is really pretty. I'll surprise you with the pattern I chose for the quilting when it's done.
The folded quilt, label and pillowcase (on the right)
I drove to my friend Vincent's today for a much needed haircut.. He did a great job! I love visiting him and Dennis. Their garden and all the quilts and stained glass are well worth the trip. We chat, laugh and have fun the entire time. Alas, I had to work, so we parted until I get shaggy again.
Of course, it won't look this smooth and nice tomorrow, but that's okay.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.