Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Sick Gammill

Oh dear...yesterday was NOT a fun day. I started early to get the stitch in the ditch done on the umbrella quilt, and get it quilted. No such luck! I left it on Sunday, frustrated that the thread broke every inch of stitching, thinking it would miraculously heal itself while I slept. Ha! That didn't work, either. I spent the next four hours diddling with the tensioners, changing all the parts I had replacements for, blowing with canned air in the places there might be lint or thread, and generally cursing every few minutes when the applied ministrations failed to make it run. Mr Wazoo had gone to Cumming for car maintenance before our trip to Texas, and I needed his expertise to figure out what the heck was the problem. Gratefully, he came strolling in at 3 o'clock and took over. Long story short...we have an appointment to drop her off in Byron to have a repair and tune up.
Meanwhile, I turned all the circles right side out, as you know, and got them pressed yesterday while MrW took over the diddling and cursing task. I also quilted, bound and finished the cherries quilt. Not a totally wasted day, but a frustrating one.
At guild last night I showed and told at show and tell. I showed my daughter's QOV, my cherries quilt and the one made from blocks I picked up the month before. I gave that one to the member who brought the blocks, and it turns out her friend who made them had passed away and the quilt is a wonderful reminder of how wonderful she was. I'm glad it made her happy.
Everything looks better after a guild meeting, so I am down in the studio today, changing gears and doing some commission work. When life gives you lemons....make lemonade!

The day I got the Gammill in 2009, what a beauty!
Set up and ready to quilt in the new studio in GA, 2014


2017, still going strong


Grinding to a halt on Sunday.
This is the quilt I gave away yesterday evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.