Friday, October 11, 2019

Long time no see...




Mea Culpa! I have been so bad with the blog these last couple of weeks, and I can only say, I'm sorry. The show is behind us and I think it was a success all around. I have been trying to make a Smilebox slideshow, but it won't do right, so I give up. The way to get around having all the quilts shown at once in a slideshow is to show them piecemeal, starting with the first place winners. Oh yeah, and a few shots of the people who were most visible at the show. So grab a beverage and enjoy the first installment of Quiltfest 2019.

The admissions staff
                                     

Raffle quilt tickets were a hot item throughout the show



Oh, snap! The first thing people see when the enter is the best of show quilt. Does it look familiar to you?


Solo large applique and mixed techniques
I was totally gobsmacked to win best of show with my primitive quilt, In the Garden.
Solo large pieced group A
Best hand quilting
Solo large pieced group B


Judges choice

Solo small pieced



Duet small applique and mixed techniques.
(I quilted this)

Viewers choice in the Moon over the Mountain challenge

Duet small pieced
Best machine quilting

Solo small applique and mixed techniques

Innovative Art

Whimsical

Embroidered

Duet large pieced

Collaborative

Duet large applique and mixed techniques
Youth quilter
(I quilted this for her)
Best use of color
I L-O-V-E this quilt!! So much detail and planning. Wow!
Carleen won viewer's choice.
(I quilted this one, too)


Tim Simek played the hammer dulcimer both days and was  well received by the attendees.


One of my neighbors won the raffle quilt. She is thrilled!
Enough of that for now. Here are the quilts I have finished quilting for customers while not posting on the blog...








We did take the trip to Texas, and drop off the sick Gammill in Byron. My Dad looks great and still walks his dog two or three times a day, drives all over and plays pool with the guys. He's 97 and has a birthday later this month. Mr Wazoo helped a lady from the quilting bee in Texas with her Gammill while we were there, too. We also went to the wonderful barbecue place and had a visit with the longhorn cattle out back. 
With the Gammill back in action, I re-loaded the umbrella quilt and have it almost finished. Life is good!

Moo!! This is a big longhorn!

Mr W and Bev working on her machine.

My Dad

Gammill back in action!!

A peek at the 'rainy' quilting




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.