Sunday, October 20, 2019

More work and some Totoro!


If you have never heard of Totoro, he is a Japanese Animated smash hit. The movie, My Neighbor Totoro is one of my grandson's favorites, so my son wants him to have a Totoro costume for Halloween. Here is what he looks like, and how far I am with the costume.


I had Mr Wazoo model for me...unfortunately, he is much taller and bigger than a three year old. The costume needs its ears, arms, tail and face. It should be done tomorrow.
Meanwhile, both of us did some customer work while it rained outside.

This will be a wedding shower gift.

Panto: Mid Century Mod


I love the fabrics in this camping/village scene quilt

The cute campers are scooting around in the panto Popcorn.

The backing is this outdoor print.

I did this Halloween quilt with a themed panto.

Hard to see, but there are witch hats, pumpkins and bats!

Boo!! This is the backing.

Mr W also did this I spy baby blanket

Panto: Popcorn

Green outer space fabric on the back

I finished this cat quilt at quitting time. I'll trim it tomorrow.

The panto is Beauty, with blue Glide thread.

I don't care for dark thread on light backs, but I guess the customer is okay with it.
Yesterday, I went with a friend to a local quilt airing at the Presbyterian church. They held it in the sanctuary, and it was beautiful.A few guild friends go there and were on hand to answer questions and  show off the quilts. I thought t was a nice way to spend a rainy afternoon.

They opened this one up for me to see. I love the pattern of ornaments that make a tree!

This Australian quilt was stunning. Look closely and see a boy  looking out the shuttered window. 

Here is a Dear Jane quilt top just finished by one of the ladies working at the show. Wow!

Loads of pretty quilts to see and enjoy.

After so many inspirational quilts, its hard to focus on Totoro...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.