Sunday, February 23, 2020

A beautiful day for quilting

Today was sunny and cool. Perfect for Mr Wazoo to spend the day in the yard mowing and clipping and having a wonderful time. That means I was in the studio all day touching fabric and quilting!

Very first quilt, very first row...the seam wasn't sewn in one spot and the hopping foot got stuck in it and tore the patch. Rats!! It took a while to get it out, and then I continued quilting the row and thought about how to fix it.

Here is the finished Quilt of Valor, with the soon to be appliqued  bit in place.

The Panto is Simply Stars

Thankfully, the torn piece was the same fabric as the backing, so it was a snap to fix the hole.

After making the patch and temporarily glueing it down, I put a safety pin in it so I could easily find it again. It is sewn in now, and I will fix the quilting tomorrow.

The green parts of the custom quilt were first to be done while Millie worked on the QOV.

I also quilted this UFO charity quilt I found while cleaning up the cutting table.

I just did the meander Panto for speed and thrift of thread.

The backing is a really soft floral fabric I have had for ages. I made the binding and stitched it down while watching our Saturday night PBS line-up.

Here are some more green bits. The black floral has green stitched piano keys, too.
The only other excitement I had today was when I suddenly remembered at 6 pm that I hadn't taken anything out for supper. For the grand occasion, I went to Sicily's Italian restaurant and we had a delicious, hot, fresh take-out pizza! What a treat for me, because I didn't have to cook, and for Mr. W because he didn't have dishes to wash!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.