Monday, February 24, 2020

A custom finish!


The custom job is finished, and I am planning what to take on next. I won't be quilting tomorrow because it is guild day and we are having our annual yard sale. There is always something to tempt me to add to my stash... We'll see.

Here it is. I think this is so beautiful, and well made, Too.

If you know my style, I don't quilt things really densely. I like quilts to be soft when I am done. I think my customers like that, too. Some show quilts are densely quilted, but totally useless for using. They are wall art, as far as I am concerned.

The feathered wreath in these blocks doesn't show well here. Click on the picture and you may be able to find it.

I switched from Big Gammill to Millie to do these triangle motifs because they are quite prominent on the quilt and I wanted them to be perfect. I don't quilt perfectly, but Millie does.

Here are the two blocks and setting triangles together.

The backing is really pretty. There are birds and flowers in the subtle print.

Today I spent two hours organizing and gleaning from my book stash. It is now organized so I can actually find the book I am looking for. The discard pile has ten books. Oh well, I tried.

This is a quilt I absolutely have to get done. I have had it in the queue for a long time and I need to bite the bullet and do something with it. It is totally made of double knit polyester hexagons. The seams do not go flat, so I am afraid I will make a mess of trying to quilt over them. I'm thinking of tying it, but not sure how to space the ties. I did make a jolly back for it, and will get to it first thing Wednesday.

On the Big Gammill I have this lovely French General quilt made by the same quilter as the one I finished today. It is giant, at 105 x 105". I'll contemplate the quilting while doing the stitch in the ditch.
Lillies and iris are coming up in Mr Wazoo's gardens. Today they had a long drink of water as it rained all day long. I took these photos yesterday on the way to the studio.
The butterfly bush has new growth, too.  Mr W cut it back severely in the fall to encourage this, so he got his wish. This bush gets gigantic in the summer and attracts loads of butterflies and hummingbirds.

Time for bed! Hopefully, tomorrow will be a nicer day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.