Friday, February 28, 2020

So much to do...let's shop instead

The retreat for the guild starts on Monday, I have to be there Sunday, and I haven't finished any of my preparations. What's a gal to do? go with the quilt buddies over the mountain because the shop is having a sale. Yup. I did it. On the way home, there were snow flurries and some flakes sticking to the trees.  Down at house level, no snow, but still cold. Was the trip worth a whole day of missed opportunity to get fully prepped for the demo and class I have to do? Yup again. I got some massive yardage of sale fabric for backings, some plaids for the class sample I have to do, doggie  fabric for a charity quilt and a cupcake roll (5 inch width of fabric strips).
Back at home, I had a couple of hours to kill before making supper, so I sewed the rows of the Nancy Mahoney Dot to Dot quilt together and trimmed down the bonus triangles from the block construction, and made them into a nice border. The original pattern has a piano key border, but I like to use up all  my leftover bits from the quilt construction if I can. The rows of four squares between the HSTs are the ends from the strip sets used in the quilt. I think it needs a red border, and maybe a black and white striped binding. Quilting has to wait until later since I now have customer quilts in the queue and am going away for almost a week of sewing fun.
Two borders to go and I will  be done!
Meanwhile, my son and grandson were driving along and saw this huge airplane parked by a Wisconsin restaurant. Who wouldn't have to stop and check it out?! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.