Monday, March 16, 2020

Anything but routine

Off to the doctor this morning to have my blood pressure checked after beginning a new medication last week. Everyone there was wearing masks, and there was a blue tent in the parking lot with lanes marked with pink plastic streamers and cones leading to it. The skinny is that they are preparing for drive by testing. Not for me! Not today, at least. Now I have to go to the cardiologist and have an EKG. Wonder what's shaking over there?
Next, a short stop at the grocery store to get water. Our water went off (again) yesterday and we ran out of the bottled stuff during the day and by making supper. There was plenty of water at the store, but most other aisles were decimated. There were trucks there unloading more supplies, and a note on the door saying they would close at noon to restock the shelves. With not much food there, the store was practically empty and I checked out quickly and went home. I think this will be the new normal for a while.
Back at home, I finished the quilting on the bunny-ear quilt from yesterday. I had to stitch down the ears before I got to them, but the machine was a able to quilt right over the bulky places. Yippee!

Ta da! I need to add the dark green binding but otherwise, it is done.

The winking bunny had her butterfly knocked off during quilting. I'll sew it on while doing the binding. Note to quilters...don't rely on glue to hold things down on your quilt tops.

Here's the backing. And an angel with no face...yet!

I used the stipple Panto to quilt it.
I also worked on the custom quilt some more, but I am still not finished. It sure is big!
What will tomorrow bring? More quilting and no customers. The phone has been quiet and I have had some down time to look at books and patterns for my next project. Do I feel isolated? Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.