Friday, August 7, 2020

It's a flimsy!!

I began the day finishing up a bed runner for a customer before loading the quilt project I knew would take the rest of the day to do. I had a brief interruption to see the Opthomologist, but managed to get the quilt done, as well as finally get my shabby chic flimsy put together!! Oh my, did I make boo-boos! I finally had to pin the blocks in each diagonal row in order to not turn them the wrong way when sewing. I did it four times before I decided I was too dumb to get them going the right direction without them being connected  together!

Here are the pictures, and then, I am off to bed!!

This quilt was actually finished yesterday, but I didn't get a picture.
A very effective, but simple, use of half square triangles. I love the black!

Panto: Take Five

The back was a combination of black dot fabrics 

I also did this Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt yesterday

Panto: Butterflies

I left the shabby chic top right here...about half done

The other half was arranged on the design wall


The bed runner is a Christmas project, and is really quite nice.


Panto: Snowfall

The design shows well on the back

I quilted this large Christmas quilt while sewing the rows for the shabby chic quilt

I struggled with what design to use, and finally realized it needed a simple pattern that didn't distract from the theme of the fabrics.
I chose  Rounded Squares

It turned out very pretty

Ta-Da!! It was ten after six when I pressed the last row. It grew to a larger size, so I don't know what, if anything, I will do for borders.

I am so happy to have this much done. It may be a while before I work on it again. I need to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.