Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Some work, some fun

 I'll be teaching a class tomorrow at the local quilt shop, and I am a bit apprehensive about the close proximity of the students in a small space all day. I'll have masks for the students, and I hope they don't give me too much flak for wanting them to wear a face covering. The shop doesn't require them, but I always wear mine there. We'll see. My prep work is all ready, and I suspect we'll have fun. This is the quilt we'll be making.

I have made hundreds of these quilts

Every one looks different, depending on what the fabric selections are

Some have two colors for the frames around the focus fabric

Some limit the palette to only three fabrics

Some are narrowed down to two fabrics!

Some are for men

Most are for kids

some are for women

Some are for veterans.

Like I said, I have made many, many of these, and every one was fun!

Here are the pieces for the class sample, where I demonstrate how to make the quilt. It is a truly beginner friendly class, so I hope the students aren't afraid to have fun with it.


It will be a bright one!

In the studio, I quilted a vintage top of Sunbonnet Sues for a customer. Some of the fabrics were almost fluorescent! Must have been made in the 60s or 70s. I still need to get the binding on (the dark green fabric) and then it will be finished. 

It turned out very nice, with the quilting on display in the muslin blocks.

Panto: Splat in off white thread.


Grunge green backing.

The next quilt wasn't finished by 6:00, so I will have to show it to you on Thursday.


The last row is waiting...

I pulled these Peppered cottons from Pepper Cory, and hope to start something sort of modern this weekend.



Mr Wazoo and I went to a beautiful nursery, and these friends were  enjoying the flowers and the lovely weather.

We don't see Monarchs in our garden for some reason, but this one was gorgeous.



I don't know the name of this one, but it was very patient with me snapping photos!


Oh my...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.