Sunday, October 18, 2020

Back in the swing

 It has taken me a couple of days to get myself back in the swing and quilting at speed. Mr Wazoo has been outside as much as possible, getting the gardens ready for winter and adding cold weather plants like mums, pansies and ornamental cabbages. He keeps this place beautiful all year round!

No doubt where we stand. We were hesitant to put signs out. I think the vile rhetoric on the Republican side has been intimidating, but also empowering. We will always stand for the right thing to do, and the country we love, no matter what is done to deter us. 
We voted on Friday.

The mums and begonias are going strong while other plants (like the roses) are winding down.

In the studio, things are humming along. Customers are getting their Christmas mojo going and bringing in quilts that will be gifted to friends and families.

Isn't this a cute baby quilt? Colorful and scrappy.

Panto: Popcorn, in a mid-tone pink thread.

Cute plaid backing.

The same quilter finished this intricately pieced wall hanging, too. Oodles of small pieces

Panto: Espallier in a light tan thread.

Pieced backing.

The customer's final project was this stack and whack table runner. Nicely done!

Panto: Delicate vines, which echoed the border fabric pattern.

Blue backing.

This customer had another quilt, but I finished it during the week. You've already seen it! She also made this Kaffe Fassett roses quilt. Unable to do a panto without ruining the raw edge appliqué, I did some easy custom.

Very simple swirl in the flowers and inner border, echoing for the fill, and piano keys in the border. 
Everything was also ditch stitched.

Not too shabby!

The next customer is after my own heart...heavy on the lime green! Lime green makes everything better.

Panto: Borneo, in lime green thread

Ooh! Loving the back, too.

This bright beauty also belongs to the same customer. I had to add 8 inches top and bottom on the backing to make it big enough for the quilt. Please, quilters, measure the top and back before you drop off the quilt! My time is as precious as yours.

Panto: Alfresco in a mid tone yellow.

The too small part was this floral. I added some Mary Engelbreit fabric I had on hand.


After I finished the roses quilt, I loaded up another of the hand embroidered quilts from the customer who is making one for everyone in her family. You saw the last one like this, and this one will be quilted the same way. It will take a few more days since I have some other things on my plate this week.

Okay, I think that does it for now. Get out and vote! Wear your masks and socially distance. And most of all, be kind.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.