Friday, October 9, 2020

Stocking up for quarantine!

Tomorrow morning I have a Covid test, and then I will be in quarantine for 5 days. It's time for the ghastly task of having my colon navigated. While in quarantine, I will be sewing and quilting happily in the studio.and spending the nights in the guest room. Poor Mr Wazoo is well stocked with all his favorite foods and ready to avoid me for a while. Being unable to meet with customers, I should be able to get a lot done. We'll see.

Today I finished three quilts for a customer from Florida, and Mr W mailed them off late in the day. A couple of customers came to pick up quilts, and another to drop off quilts. Seven quilts gone home, and another seven taken in to fill the rack! Here are the three Florida quilts.

I started with this holiday themed farm quilt. 

Once again, I used an old standby, Fresh Snow, for the pantograph

The quilting looks great on the charcoal backing, too!

A complete turn-about with her second quilt, wouldn't you say? I haven't seen this panel in a shop, but I really like it. It is so vibrant!

The pattern is maple leaves, but I am sure it has a more fanciful name than that...I don't recall what it is.


After spooling out several varieties, I settled on a green variegated King Tut thread.

The quilt has a pieced backing. 

The third quilt is a beautiful panel of a beach scene. The quilter added borders with small inset strips of contrasting fabrics. She also made the back as lovely as the front! It is pieced with more panel pieces and the left over border fabrics.

Panto: Ebb and Flow using a light variegated seafood King Tut thread.

Here is a part of the pieced back.

While Millie cranked along, I decided to do something that makes me really happy. I used a jelly roll I found in a drawer while looking for something else, and some white Grunge fabric to start a new quilt. The blocks are made, and I will add the sashing tomorrow when I get home from my test. It should be a fun day.

Whee! Click on the picture to see the polka dot fabrics!

The quilt for tomorrow is loaded and ready to rock and roll!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.