Monday, October 5, 2020

Batting finally arrived...big finish!

 I have been waiting for a month for my Quilters Dream batting, so I gave them a call on Thursday to see what's the problem. It seems they are having trouble getting rolls shipped and I would have to wait another two weeks to get the three rolls I ordered. I quickly changed gears and ordered boxes of packaged batts to tide me over, and they arrived on Saturday afternoon! I eagerly loaded a big quilt that was waiting for wool batting, and finished it yesterday.

The customer used all aboriginal fabrics for this stunning quilt. The layout makes a fun secondary pattern with the black 'spikes' around the drunkard's path circles.

She requested a snake pattern for the quilting, and I was able to locate one on Urban Elements called Slither. I used a variegated King Tut thread in shades of dark purple.

The backing is large pieces of Aussie fabrics, broken up by half square triangles. Note the snakes.

On the big Gammill, I am working on a project of my own. I thought it was going to be a quick job and could be completed on my Funday Sunday. No such luck. It has been slow and tedious, and will occupy the machine for a few more days. Oops...I only have two custom jobs in the line, so I don't feel too bad about it. Pictures later.
Mr Wazoo brought home a new flavor of ice cream for us to try. Oh. My. Goodness!!! This is the best ice cream I have ever had. I am sorry to say it isn't made in Wisconsin, but still, I love it. The chocolate ice cream base is rich and has the depth of dark chocolate candy. Then, there are chocolate covered almond bits. Yum. Can you tell I love chocolate? If you can get Friendly's at your store, try it!

Oh my!


My sister sent this. Too true...and quite funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.