Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Working hard in the studio

 The last few days have been long and hard work days. I had to get the embroidered quilt finished for the customer who is coming tomorrow. I also had to write the newsletter for the guild and get it out. (way late this month!) The other quilts keep me busy even though once they are loaded on Millie, it is easier to do two things at once. So far this week I have made and applied bindings to all the quilts I worked on. Lots of practice! Here is a pictorial synopsis of my week so far.

Christmas quilt finished and ready

Panto: Let it snow

I chose this backing at the Hobby Lobby sale and saved the customer some big bucks!

Christmas quilt number two

Panto: Holly berries

I also got the back for this on sale. Score!

After three solid days of non-stop quilting, I finished the last embroidered quilt!

Custom quilting

Binding on, beautiful quilting shows well on the back.

Christmas quilt number three

Panto: Snowfall

The backing was also in the sale. It is so pretty!

Autumn quilt, number four for the same customer

Panto: Pumpkin patch

Oops! It's sideways, but I am too tired to fix it.
The binding is made and just needs me to apply it.

The fifth quilt for the same customer is loaded and started . It is a patriotic quilt for the maker's son, who is in the Army. I hope to finish it tomorrow and get back to the tee shirt quilt.

Tomorrow morning at 7:00 I have to be at the heart doctor's office for an echo and a stress test. Not too thrilled about the treadmill walking, but it shouldn't last too long. I'd better get to bed and rest up!
See you all on the flip side...
My spider friend was back on the screen door today. He hung out there all day.

This is me tomorrow at the doctor's office! ha ha




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.